Streaming on Fiber Is Different
You’ve finally made the decision. You’ve cut the cord and canceled your cable TV subscription. You’ve got all the streaming apps you need and are ready to enjoy the many benefits of streaming.
Now that you’re exclusively streaming your entertainment, your viewing experience depends on a reliable internet connection. But there’s more to consider: How does fiber make a difference in streaming your favorite shows, sporting events and movies? Many people find that moving to streaming is the perfect time to upgrade to fiber internet.
Why is streaming different from the old cable box?
Once you cancel cable TV and move to streaming, you no longer use a cable box to access your content. With streaming, your internet connection allows you to watch the content online either through a streaming device attached to your TV or through apps on your TV and various connected devices.
Now, it’s your shows, your choice. This means you simply choose a live streaming provider like YouTube TV, Sling or Hulu for all your news, sports and local programs. Then add on-demand services such as Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Paramount Plus, Apple TV and Peacock to watch the content everyone is talking about.
Upgrade to the benefits of streaming
Consider what you’ll get:
- Flexibility – Through your live streaming service, multiple users in the home can set their own profiles on the single house account, so their favorites are visible to them every time they sign into the service.
- Content options – Now you—not your cable provider—make your list of viewing choices. Your live streaming service gives you up to 100 channels or more, including live sporting events, news, live shows, movies and more. Plus, on-demand streaming services give you the opportunity to choose from multiple networks and services. And both live and on-demand services remember the kinds of shows you like to watch and make custom suggestions for you.
Here’s why fiber is the perfect fit for your connected home
Fiber can change the way you live and work with your internet connection. Here’s how:
- Fast speeds – With fiber internet, you enjoy fast internet for the tasks you do, ranging from gaming, video conferencing, working and learning from home, and streaming. All data is transferred along fiber optic lines made of fiberglass, meaning data is transmitted to you incredibly quickly as flashes of light.
- Upload speeds match download speeds – Streaming is downloading, but you probably do a lot of uploading, too. Video conferencing, sending large files, posting videos to social media and gaming all require fast, strong, reliable upload speeds.
- Bandwidth – If you have a home full of users, fiber gives you the bandwidth to all be online at the same time. This means there is plenty of room in your home connection for streamers, gamers, social media creators, plus all those smart home devices.
- Reliability – The technology of fiber optics—data sent as beams of light through a cable, with the fiber bundle wrapped inside a thicker cladding and enclosed inside a protective buffer layer—protects the signal from the effects of weather interference.
- Environmentally friendly – Fiber networks, using thin strands of glass to send data, can reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in the environment.
Frontier Fiber makes your streaming more entertaining
You want to see and hear every minute of that show, movie, concert and sporting event, right? Then you want the connection that fiber gives you. Reliable, smooth, with plenty of bandwidth to go around. Learn about the advantages of Frontier Fiber. Then check here to see when it’s available at your address.
Product features may have changed and are subject to change.